Monday, November 19, 2012

Where's a Civil Engineer when you need one?

 
The kids & I came home this morning to discover that our absolutely-good-for-nothing gutters were doing their very best to flood our basement.
 
Keith has a meeting tonight after work, and I didn't think that our basement patio could wait until he gets home at 9:30 tonight (not that he'd be super excited to be out there at that time either), so I had to take matters into my own hands.  
 
The water was pouring off our roof, through our deck, and onto the downstairs patio.   

 
So, I covered the deck with a tarp & set it to drain off the edge of the porch.

 
Unfortunately, the deck doesn't extend quite far enough, so I put a few large Rubbermaid lids down below to catch the drips...

 
...and a few old towels to hopefully disperse the rain without too much damage to our soil.

 
I'm no Civil Engineer, but I think I did okay.
 
Here's poor Darcy after two hours outside (of course, he could have sat under the roof line, but he's never been the brightest dog).


No comments:

Post a Comment